Thursday, October 1, 2015

Top 5 | Books to Read by 2016

There are only three months of 2015 left and I am 19 books away from reaching my goal of reading 75 books this year. While I am hopeful that I can reach that goal, there are a few books that I have on my must read list still this year.

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan

I love Rick Riordan. I have been anticipating this book since before it even had a name. There is something so interesting to me about Norse mythology and I cannot wait to devour this book and see what Rick has done with these gods. Also, that cover art is beautiful.





The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester

Dan and Phil are some of my favorite boys on YouTube. They are so funny and watching their videos always puts a smile on my face. I'm really excited to see what they have included in this book. If you are going to subscribe to two channels on YouTube, I highly recommend theirs. (DanIsNotOnFire and AmazingPhil)





Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories #4) by Chris Colfer

Chris Colfer has created such an amazing series with The Land of Stories. I recently finished the third book, A Grimm Warning. While I wanted to start reading this immediately, I haven't had the chance yet. Book three had the worst cliff hanger and I've been dying to find out what happens next. Alex and Connor did a lot of growing up in the last book and I'm excited to see where these characters will be now.




A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles #4) by Gena Showalter

I accidentally stumbled upon the White Rabbit Chronicles a few years ago and fell in love. It was originally supposed to be a trilogy but book three was just so heartbreaking. The characters faced a huge loss and the book just left me feeling empty afterwards. I wasn't the only one that felt that way. Gena Showalter decided to write one more book to tie up some loose ends and give these characters the ending they deserve. I don't think I'm reading for this series to be over, but I cannot wait to read it. I haven't loved characters like the ones in this story for quite a while.

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

I'm probably the only person that hasn't read this series yet. I heard that ABC Family is producing a TV adaption set to release in January called Shadowhunters. I'm really interested in watching the TV show but would like to at least check out book one in the series first. I've heard mostly good things, so I'm pretty excited to give it a shot finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment