Thursday, December 17, 2015

2016 Reading Goals

After taking a look at my last two years reading goals, I've discovered that I'm really bad at following my own goals. I've always known that I avoid reading something if I'm told to read it. That happened to me all throughout elementary to high school. There were so many books I missed out on reading because I was too stubborn to read them. I didn't know that it also applied to books I tell myself to read. 

This year, I just want to have fun while reading. I want to read longer books, explore new genres and find out what gets me excited about reading.

In 2016 I want to read at least 52 books. That was the number I started with when I started keeping track of how many books I was reading in 2011. I have no doubt that I will surpass that, but I don't want to feel bound by a number and read shorter books. I want to tackle books that are 500 or more pages and not worry about how long it will take to finish. 

I'm still interested in completing some of the series that I've started the last few years. Below I've listed the series I would like to continue making progress on. This is not a full list, just some of the series I'm more excited about. If I don't finish them, then that's okay. But some of these series I only have one book left to complete it and I really should just read them.


The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
White Rabbit Chronicles (book four only) by Gena Showalter
Night School by CJ Daughtery
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (book three only) by Ransom Riggs
Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas
Alienated by Melissa Landers
The Wolves of Mercy Falls (book four only) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Hundred by Kass Morgan
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Fallen (book five only) by Lauren Kate
Asylum by Madeleine Roux


I've had kind of a weird reading year. I've found some things that have worked for me, but read a lot of books in between that I didn't love. I want to look back at 2016 and feel good about everything I've read. 


Have you guys set any reading goals for yourself in 2016?





No comments:

Post a Comment