Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Review | The World of Postsecret

The World of Postsecret by Frank Warren
October 2014 by William Morrow & Company
288 pages
Five stars


"A ton of secrets, one postcard at a time." - Goodreads


I loved this book. I've always been a fan of Postsecret. I grew up with it and sent in my own postcards. It helped me through hard times and helped me accept my own secrets about myself. Postsecret is very close to my heart and I'm sad to see the end of an era. Frank has created an amazing thing. It has gone through so many changes and on so many platforms (ie. the Postsecret app, www.postsecret.com, many books, live events and museum exhibits). It's really wonderful to see what an impact it has made on so many generations. This book was the perfect ending of the project as we know it now. For 10 years Frank has been getting secrets in his mailbox and sharing them with the world. This book shares the history of the project and how it came to be what it is now. It shares stories from people who the project has helped, stories from Frank's mail carrier Kathy and Frank shares his own secrets.One of my favorite things about Postsecret is the world it has created. It's about more than just sharing secrets. It's a community that is full of support and has worked with suicide prevention. This book was wonderful. It has the best parts of the community and a bunch of new secrets. I just can't say enough good things about this book and the project. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment