Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 Reading Goals: An Overview

Like many people, each year I create a New Years Resolution. I try my best to fulfil it but I normally fail. Last year, I decided to make my NYR a series of reading goals instead. Each year I try to read 100 books, but with my life getting more busy and having much less time to read, I lowered it to 75. 

My 2014 Reading Goals were:



Read 75 books.
-25 of which came from books I owned before 2014.

Read one book by Stephen King.


Read the 1st book in A Song of Ice & Fire series by George R. R. Martin. 


Finish reading the series that I've started in the last 3 years.


Read these series:

-Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
-Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
-Legend by Marie Lu
-Heros of Olympus by Rick Riordan
-Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare


Unfortunately I haven't completed many of my goals. I have read over 83 books, 20 of which I owned before 2014. I've finished a lot of the series I started in the last few years, but not all of them. I'm hoping to finish that goal next year. I've read the Vampire Academy series but none of the others. I started Legend but decided I didn't like the series and didn't finish it. I'm still on the fence about Shatter Me as well. 


Considering how much I've worked and spent time doing things outside reading, I'm really happy with where I ended up. I made a post earlier about my reading goals for 2015 and I'm really excited to start reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment